2.25.2016

Beehive Basin Snow Measuring Stick

For the past three years, I have posted updates on snowpack levels at local ski areas. The readings are taken as the Steenburgh Winter comes to an end. (It ended yesterday in Southwest Montana.) Data comes from each ski resort's snow report and once recorded in these pages, the posts become a good reference point for comparing snow levels each year.The wildnerness boundary sign in Beehive is a great place to measure the snowpack.

In addition to what is reported in the ski area's snow reports, I have a series of photos that also report on the snowpack. Over the years, I have found the wilderness boundary sign in Beehive Basin to be a great measuring stick. The collage below includes a snow-free photo for comparison. I will add more photos as I get them.
March 5, 2016