11.12.2020

Summer 2020 - Backpacking Stats & Poem

Centennial Trail, Black Hills, South Dakota
Mountains, lakes, rivers, fields, ridge lines, and mammals. There was a lot to see and explore this summer. 

I hadn't planned on a big summer of backpacking but thanks to Mike's encouragement and support for a big thru-hike, that's the way it worked out. 

~

Backpacking is merely walking with everything you need on your back. How much more can you really say about it? Here's a poem I wrote to summarize the summer's activities.


Backpacking
A Poem by Ann H. Vinciguerra

I went backpacking in the mountains
It was joyous to be outside
A break from news and work and the computer and my phone
A chance to totally disconnect
It was comforting to know I had everything I needed (And not a bit more) on my back
I felt strong, capable, empowered
Most importantly, I had fun
    The End 

That's really all there is to it. No destiny altering experiences or thru-hiker revelations. No personal break throughs. Just good times outside with great company. 


Summer Backpacking Stats:

  • Teepee Creek near Yellowstone - 12 miles, two days, one night
  • Torrey Lane, Pioneer Mountains - 20 miles, two days, one night
  • Sportsmen's Lake to Electric Pass to Specimen Creek, Yellowstone National Park - 28 miles, two days, one night
  • Monitor Peak area, Gallatin Range - 20 miles, two days, one night
  • Cedar Lake, Madison Range - 22 miles, three days, two nights
  • Hyalite Lake, 10 miles - two days, one night
  • Lamar River, Cache Creek, Thunderer, Yellowstone National Park - 19 miles. two days, one night

Total: 257 miles, 17 nights, eight trips

~

Other summer stats

2019: http://annvinciguerra.blogspot.com/2019/10/summer-activity-stats.html

2015: http://annvinciguerra.blogspot.com/2015/11/bakcpacking-stats.html

2014: http://annvinciguerra.blogspot.com/2014/11/summertime-done-come-and-gone-my-oh-my.html?updated-min=2014-01-01T00:00:00-07:00&updated-max=2015-01-01T00:00:00-07:00&max-results=14

No comments:

Post a Comment