6.06.2017

Easter Radio Show

Just getting around to posting these thoughts.

On the Bus with Annie V, KGLT-Bozeman
One of the great joys of being a DJ is knowing that you provide the soundtrack for peoples lives. Whether it be an quiet night in or a party, when listeners tune in to your show you have the chance to influence the ambiance of their evening. I love the idea that I am able to do that for my fans, and this opportunity is made sweeter when you're playing music for your family as I did this past Easter.

Just over a year ago, my cousin Carolyn bought a charming stone accented house in Emmaus, PA. She took over the Easter hosting responsibilities complete with dinner and all of the Easter festivities as well as a family sleepover. This year, Easter fell on the day of my radio show, so after dinner and the customary post-dinner family walk,  it was time to ride the bus with me. 

Family members called in and texted their requests, a great variety of tunes both old and new. I was reminded of old songs I hadn't played in ages and learned of other artists such as Kate Smith, a radio start in the 1930s and 1940s know for her stunning rendition of "God Bless America." While it is always fun to be on the air, evenings such as this are truly memorable.

Want to catch my show, on the Bus with Annie V? You can do so 6-9 pm this Sunday. We stream live at KGLT.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment