12.20.2017

Bozeman's L Street Graffiti

GRL PWR, Grow a Pair, Bozeman, MT
If you follow this blog you know that I created it as a way to document my life and act a sounding board for my writing, an eclectic mix of a cyber-journal meets writer's note pad. 

Here is the latest. I want to post it before too much more time goes by. Still a work-in-progress...

The Thanksgiving holiday brought a four day weekend. It was a glorious time free from work as well as a great chance to sleep in, get outside to recreate each day, and hang out with friends. I was able to tootle around town on my bike where I discovered some new graffiti over on L Street beneath the interstate.

November Weather Woes
While there was skiing to be had, it wasn't great as the weather grew warmer throughout the weekend . Nordic skiing in town disappeared and Bridger Bowl failed to open early as they had planned.

L Street Graffiti
Trump skis in Jeans
I have documented some of the graffiti that has been appearing on the West Lamme (Posted about here: http://annvinciguerra.blogspot.com/2017/10/bozeman-graffiti-wars.html), but this was the first time I noticed the graffiti on L Street.

There is quite a bit of it on the pillars that hold up the interstate and it's an interesting mix of political jabs, calls to action, and a request for peace.

I had a Cheney skis in Jean bumpersticker on my car a number of years ago. Technically, the sticker's still there but the words have faded. At the time, Dick Cheney was Vice President and both Mr. Cheney and I were living in Jackson Hole. Rumor had it that the ski area was filled with secret service agents shortly after the inauguration as it was deemed necessary to have them learn to ski for the times Mr. Cheney was in Jackson. I never heard of him appearing on the slopes but it makes for a piece of urban legend. Cheney Skis in Jean bumperstickers appeared shortly after that. Any ski bum knows that skiing in jeans is the sure sign of a gaper/poseur .

L Street Graffiti, Bozeman, MTAgreed!
















Tiny Hangs Project

So many things about this drawing makes me cringe.


Bozeman Graffiti
West Lamme Graffiti Update
There's a new set of graffiti as of a few weeks ago. If you take a close look at the photos, you can see several layers of paint.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment