12.21.2017

Musical Memories from the Early 1990s

There was life before digital photography and these photos prove it! Below are some screen shots from social media posts (Facebook kindly reminded me of one of them recently) I made to my radio show page. https://www.facebook.com/onthebuswithanniev/

I'm on the air this Sunday, 6-9 pm. I'm creating a special show for Christmas eve and am taking requests. Leave them here. Sorry, I won't play Jingle bells.

www.kglt.net - we stream live!

Red Rocks circa 1994-1996. That's me with the Laramie crowd. Red Rocks was two hours away and I was lucky enough to see a bunch of great shows there. Not sure what shows these were from - one Phish, one Allman Brothers Band? Fun memories!




~

The first photo is my cousin Carolyn a a Merl Saunders concert, 1993. I had just arrived in Laramie and school had not yet started. We had hear Merl was playing at Mishawaka near Fort Collins. He was one of my favorites in those days so we were psyched. We headed down not sure what we'd find and we were surprised with one of the best venues ever. It rained all afternoon and the audience helped move the band's gear inside so the show could start. Merl invited the girls who helped him move the rain sticks on stage with him. Photo two is same band, same venue a year or two later with the Laramie crowd. 



~

No I was not a hari krishna. This was taken at a Grateful Dead show circa 1990-1993. What you'll notice in the photo...

Every so often I'd make up a bunch of bracelets and necklaces to sell - that's what I'm holding in one hand. Beer in the other. Note the bass player to my left. We always hung out by the music. He's wearing a Mexican pull over popular with Deadheads and college students in the 80s and 90s - material similar to that of a Mexican blanket also of the same era. (There's probably one of those in the photo too)

On me you can spot a rain poncho and if you look closely, an ankle bracelet. What you can't see is that I'm probably wearing a necklace with a black cord and bead, t-shirt underneath the poncho was probably either a tie-dye or band/concert shirt. Note the original Teva sandals in black with rainbow zigzag pattern.That was the uniform of the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment