11.04.2018

Aroma: A Poem

Although I've never been drawn to to poetry as either as a reader or a writer,  Henry Hugh's reading at the Country Bookshelf back in September had gotten me thinking about poetry. I've been working on my writing practice in recent years, taking classes, reading books on the craft, and trying to mimic styles and articles that capture me. There's something in the way poets use a brevity of words and the artistic layout of their work that I feel certain can help my writing. Maybe I should write a poem? 

The few poems I painfully wrote in an undergraduate creative writing class were my last attempt at poetry. What makes a poem? Certainly they are more than the rhyming mess of words I typed out all those years ago. It was time to write a poem so I sat down and did it. Reading up on how to do it can come later.

~


Aroma
A Poem By Ann H. Vinciguerra

Crab cakes fry in the pan

Dinner party apps sure to please

Fan pulsing, fish aroma wafts

The cat licks his lips

No comments:

Post a Comment